Currently Viewing Posts in ullerwfr

Khashoggi’s body was dissolved in acid, says top Turkish adviser

first_img whatsapp Khashoggi’s body was dissolved in acid, says top Turkish adviser Friday 2 November 2018 3:25 pm Jamal Khashoggi’s body was dissolved in acid after being dismembered in Saudi Arabia’s Istanbul consulate, according to fresh claims made by a Turkish official earlier today.A top presidential adviser has said that he believes the act was the “only logical conclusion” to the killing of the former Saudi critic, who was murdered inside the Kingdom’s consulate early last month. The allegations are the latest to emerge following the Saudi admission a fortnight ago that Khashoggi was killed within the consulate, despite previously denying such allegations.Yasin Aktay, who advises president Recep Tayyp Erdoğan, told a Turkish paper: “We now see that it wasn’t just cut up; [the Saudi suspects] got rid of the body by dissolving it,”Aktay added: “According to the latest information we have, the reason they cut up the body is it was easier to dissolve it. They aimed to ensure no sign of the body was left…Killing an innocent person is one crime, the treatment and extent of what was done to the body is another crime and dishonour.”Such comments are likely to pile further pressure on the Saudi Kingdom, which has suffered a major backlash from businesses and politicians in the wake of Khashoggi’s death, with concerns that Saudi crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s inner team were directly linked to the Saudi reporter’s death.No forensic evidence has been provided to prove that the dissident journalist’s body was dissolved, and searches for the body in a forest near the consulate remain ongoing. More From Our Partners Biden received funds from top Russia lobbyist before Nord Stream 2 giveawaynypost.comPolice Capture Elusive Tiger Poacher After 20 Years of Pursuing the Huntergoodnewsnetwork.org‘Neighbor from hell’ faces new charges after scaring off home buyersnypost.comBrave 7-Year-old Boy Swims an Hour to Rescue His Dad and Little Sistergoodnewsnetwork.org980-foot skyscraper sways in China, prompting panic and evacuationsnypost.comAstounding Fossil Discovery in California After Man Looks Closelygoodnewsnetwork.orgRussell Wilson, AOC among many voicing support for Naomi Osakacbsnews.comA ProPublica investigation has caused outrage in the U.S. this weekvaluewalk.comNative American Tribe Gets Back Sacred Island Taken 160 Years Agogoodnewsnetwork.org whatsapp Share Sebastian McCarthy Tags: Trading Archivelast_img read more

Bill banning Planned Parenthood sex ed in schools fails in House committee

first_imgEducation | HealthBill banning Planned Parenthood sex ed in schools fails in House committeeApril 13, 2016 by Hannah Colton, KDLG Share:Rep. Liz Vazquez, R-Anchorage, during a floor session of the Alaska House of Representatives, March 29, 2016. (Photo by Skip Gray/360 North)A bill to ban organizations like Planned Parenthood from teaching sex education in public schools failed in a House Committee Tuesday.Senate Bill 89, which would require parents to opt their children into sex education lessons, was introduced by Sen. Mike Dunleavy and narrowly passed House Education last month.On Tuesday afternoon, the Health and Social Services Committee, chaired by Rep. Paul Seaton, heard over two hours of heated public testimony on both sides before putting the measure to a vote.Vice-Chair Rep. Liz Vazquez, an Anchorage Republican, told the committee she supports the bill because she believes Planned Parenthood curriculum contains graphic material that many families would find offensive.“I’ll be blunt: I’m a bit shocked by what I have found,” Vazquez said. “I find that the materials are culturally insensitive. By that I mean it is insulting, it is degrading to traditional cultures. They are traditional Muslim cultures, traditionally Hispanic, Southeast Asian and African cultures. This is very insulting.”Rep. Geran Tarr opposed the bill, citing the need for comprehensive sexual education in a state with high rates of domestic violence and sexual assault. Tarr also noted that parents currently have the right to take their children out of lessons if they wish.The bill failed in the committee 5-2, with Vice-Chair Vasquez and Rep. Talerico voting for it.Two similar bills – S.B. 191 and H.B. 352 – are still moving through the Legislature.Share this story:last_img read more

Flash trader is denied bail after High Court deems him flight risk

first_img Show Comments ▼ THE UK trader accused of contributing to the 2010 US “flash crash” lost a High Court bid to modify his £5m bail yesterday, despite revealing his assets had been frozen before bail conditions were set. Navinder Sarao, 36, of Hounslow, has been in custody since 21 April because he has been unable to meet the bail conditions initially set at Westminster Magistrates Court. Last week he was granted legal aid on the grounds he was unable to fully finance his defence. James Lewis, one of Sarao’s solicitors, told the High Court that the £5m his client had to find was “impossible, and therefore unlawful.” The defence said the bail conditions were set without full knowledge of Sarao’s financial situation, as these had been frozen by US authorities on the 17 April without his knowledge. Lewis claimed the £50,000 provided by Sarao’s parents was enough, adding it was “inconceivable” his client would let his family down by failing to appear.Judge Cranston ruled Sarao still represented “a clear flight risk”, arguing that the £50,000 – compared with the $40m that US authorities claim he has – is “no assurance at all.” whatsapp Express KCS Flash trader is denied bail after High Court deems him flight risk Wednesday 20 May 2015 8:47 pm Tags: NULL Share Read This NextRicky Schroder Calls Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl ‘Ignorant Punk’ forThe Wrap’Drake & Josh’ Star Drake Bell Arrested in Ohio on Attempted ChildThe WrapCNN’s Brian Stelter Draws Criticism for Asking Jen Psaki: ‘What Does theThe Wrap’Kevin Can F**k Himself’ TV Review: Annie Murphy Blows Up the Idea of aThe WrapDid Donald Trump Wear His Pants Backwards? Kriss Kross Memes Have AlreadyThe WrapHarvey Weinstein to Be Extradited to California to Face Sexual AssaultThe WrapPink Floyd’s Roger Waters Denies Zuckerberg’s Request to Use Song in Ad:The Wrap’Black Widow’ First Reactions: ‘This Is Like the MCU’s Bond Movie’The WrapKatt Williams Explains Why He Believes There ‘Is No Cancel Culture’ inThe Wrap whatsapplast_img read more

Premium / On the wires: Fanciful green handcuffs

first_imgBy Alessandro Pasetti 07/04/2021 Reset New Premium subscriber REGISTER Please either REGISTER or login below to continue Password* Forgotten your password? Please click here Please Login Email* Premium subscriber LOGIN LOGIN Subscription required for Premium stories In order to view the entire article please login with a valid subscription below or register an account and subscribe to Premium Reset Your Password Email* << Go back From the next green puff to green handcuffs is a tiny step in my world.When the “ESG 2021 trends” report, focused on hedge funds and the ecosystem appeal, landed in my inbox – it was “an examination of the prevalence and impact of ESG [Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance] on fund selection and the hedge fund industry” – the allure for logistics was pretty obvious.If there are funds available and new funding avenues to explore, too, it’s well worth knowing about ...last_img read more

Traffic Alerts: Dec. 15

first_imgAlico Road widening project to cause some delays on Friday June 15, 2021 Traffic Alerts: June 10 June 12, 2021 AdvertisementRecommended ArticlesBrie Larson Reportedly Replacing Robert Downey Jr. As The Face Of The MCURead more81 commentsGal Gadot Reportedly Being Recast As Wonder Woman For The FlashRead more29 comments Advertisement Two injured in four-car crash on Daniels Parkway June 10, 2021 AdvertisementA crash at Lee Boulevard and Sunshine Boulevard North in Lehigh Acres is causing delays. Lee County Deputies are on the scene of the crash.Use caution when traveling through the area and give yourself a little extra time on your commute. RELATEDTOPICS 6:56 a.m. Advertisement Traffic Alerts: June 13 June 15, 2021 6:31 p.m.The inside eastbound lanes of Alico Road at Royal Queen Boulevard are blocked due to a car fire. Deputies are waiting for a tow truck. A good samaritan pulled over and helped extinguish the flames, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office reported. AdvertisementTags: traffic alert AdvertisementDC Young Fly knocks out heckler (video) – Rolling OutRead more6 comments’Mortal Kombat’ Exceeded Expectations Says WarnerMedia ExecutiveRead more2 commentsDo You Remember Bob’s Big Boy?Read more1 commentsKISS Front Man Paul Stanley Reveals This Is The End Of KISS As A Touring Band, For RealRead more1 commentslast_img read more

In Pictures: Ever-popular Gordon Bennett Rally a huge success again

first_img By LaoisToday Reporter – 5th June 2018 WhatsApp Home Lifestyle In Pictures: Ever-popular Gordon Bennett Rally a huge success again LifestyleOut and About Previous articleDeaths in Laois – Tuesday, June 5, 2018Next articleNew management team for Portlaoise rugby as they look to 2018-19 season LaoisToday Reporter Council Pinterest TAGSGordon Bennett Vintage Rally In Pictures: Ever-popular Gordon Bennett Rally a huge success again Interested observers were fascinated with the cars as they parked outside the pub before heading off each day.Cars from all stages in time were on display over the three days.And the lovely weather drew great crowds over the three days.Our photographer went along to sample the action: SEE ALSO – REVEALED: Laois puppy of the year has been crowned Twitter In glorious sunshine, the Gordon Bennett Rally was a tremedous success over the weekend.The 2018 edition took place on Saturday, Sunday and Monday in Laois and nearby counties.Each day the Rally began at Treacy’s on The Heath in the morning. Twitter Pinterest New Arles road opens but disquiet over who was invited to official opening Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Community Five Laois monuments to receive almost €200,000 in government funding Community WhatsApp Charlie Flanagan on Electric Picnic: ‘I’d ask organisers to consult with community leaders’ Facebooklast_img read more

Miners Fail to See Promised Salary Bump

first_img Facebook Twitter SHARE News In September 2013, North Korea announced plans to implementa 100-fold wage increase, reflective of market prices, for workers at a numberof its state enterprises, but in some cases, like Musan Mine, workers reportonly receiving ten percent of this amount, the Daily NK has learned.“Last year in September, it was announced that Musan Mineworkers would be compensated in the amount of 300,000 KPW [36 USD] a month, but inreality they’ve only been paid 30,000 KPW [3.6 USD],” a source based in North HamkyungProvince told the Daily NK on Wednesday. “Many of the enterprises do hand outproducts from China to their workers each month, but aside from that, most haveonly been receiving 30,000 KPW as payment.”Last year, North Korea increased the wages of state factoryworkers  handling chief exports such as iron ore, steel, fabrics, andapparel to 300,000 KPW, in hopes of improving onsite operations and boostingcompetitiveness. This move immediately galvanized performance, increasingproduction so considerably that the state was able to rake in a substantial sumof foreign currency.Once production hit a certain level, the factories startedhanding out Chinese fabrics, cooking oil, sugar, and other supplies to theworkers, deducting the costs from their salaries, according to the source, whowas quick to note this as considerably less helpful than receiving the cashequivalent.“The supplies received are cheaper than what sells in themarket, but it’s something that gets distributed to thousands of workers at thesame time, so it’s hard to sell [elsewhere],” he said. “A lot of times, peopleend up selling the supplies to market vendors for much cheaper prices, so theirwages end up being less than half of what they were promised.”“These days, because of a dispute over prices with China,iron ore exports have been halted, and in many cases salaries go unpaid,” thesource said. “With operations suspended at the mine due to the extreme powershortage in the country, people are worried that they won’t even receive their30,000 KPW.”In the case of Hyesan Mine in Yangkang Province, conditionsare vastly better, according to a source in the region. There are roughly 3,000 workers at Hyesan Mine, which issaid to sit on roughly 200,000 tons of copper. The mine is a rank 1 statefacility, jointly run with a Chinese company since 2010, producing roughly3,000 tons of copper ore annually. The source said it pays its workers with rations“distributed just as they would be under regular circumstances,” and thepromised 300,000 KPW monthly salary. He added that despite recent suspensionsin trade with China in a number of earth elements over price disputes, NorthKorean state investment and demand have insulated the blow.“With the recent order for copper to produce bronze statuesof the son and father Kims all across the country, there has been high demandinternally, so workers are receiving rations for their families, along with adeduction from their salary for rice and other supplies [cooking oil, sugar,meat],” he explained.Meanwhile, factory workers around Pyongyang, producinggarments and textiles, have reportedly been receiving a continual payment of300,000 KPW; however, delays in payment are reportedly frequent, if not invariable. News AvatarChoi Song Min North Korea Market Price Update: June 8, 2021 (Rice and USD Exchange Rate Only) News center_img Miners Fail to See Promised Salary Bump By Choi Song Min – 2014.12.04 8:00pm NewsEconomy Proposal to shift “general markets” to “specialized markets” finds little support among N. Korean leaders RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR US dollar and Chinese reminbi plummet against North Korean won once again last_img read more

Fraudster impersonating CBA in phishing email

first_img Taxpayers warned of phishing scheme Keywords Phishing The CBA notes it does not send out unsolicited emails and it recommends that recipients of the email delete it immediately, and don’t click on the hyperlink. “Email fraud, or ‘phishing’, is an attempt by criminals to get you to volunteer your personal information or to install malware on your computer. Phishing emails usually have spelling and grammatical errors, as well as generic greetings like “Good day” or “Dear valued customer”, the warning says. “Fraudulent emails also often ask you to provide personal information and usually always have a sense of urgency, or warning if you don’t follow through. If you get a fraudulent email, make sure to report it and delete it straight away,” the warning adds. Share this article and your comments with peers on social media Related news The Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) issued a warning to consumers on Wednesday that its name is being used as part of a phishing effort. Fraudsters have been sending emails purporting to be from the CBA and asking prospective victims to fill out an online survey about their banking relationships. The CBA is not the source of the message and that “it is a phishing email from fraudsters,” the warning says. center_img James Langton CRA warns of phishing scams Phishing scams target young Canadians Facebook LinkedIn Twitterlast_img read more

ESFA Update 9 June 2021

first_imgESFA Update 9 June 2021 ESFA Update further education: 9 June 2021 HTML ESFA Update academies: 9 June 2021 HTML ESFA Update local authorities: 9 June 2021 HTML /Public Release. This material comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here. Why?Well, unlike many news organisations, we have no sponsors, no corporate or ideological interests. We don’t put up a paywall – we believe in free access to information of public interest. Media ownership in Australia is one of the most concentrated in the world (Learn more). Since the trend of consolidation is and has historically been upward, fewer and fewer individuals or organizations control increasing shares of the mass media in our country. According to independent assessment, about 98% of the media sector is held by three conglomerates. This tendency is not only totally unacceptable, but also to a degree frightening). Learn more hereWe endeavour to provide the community with real-time access to true unfiltered news firsthand from primary sources. It is a bumpy road with all sorties of difficulties. We can only achieve this goal together. Our website is open to any citizen journalists and organizations who want to contribute, publish high-quality insights or send media releases to improve public access to impartial information. You and we have the right to know, learn, read, hear what and how we deem appropriate.Your support is greatly appreciated. All donations are kept completely private and confidential.Thank you in advance!Tags:education, Government, UK, UK Governmentlast_img read more

  • Recent Posts

  • Recent Comments

    • Archives

    • Categories

    • Meta

    • Tags